And now for a “Hurray” to David Warren !
Having just given a plug to Ezra Levant (via Mark Steyn) it is now my pleasure to do likewise for another very worthwhile writer that some of you are familiar with - not that he needs it. You can access David Warren’s article Slippery slope on his website at http://www.davidwarrenonline.com/.
It is not the first time I am supporting David on this location (and it probably will not be the last time) but his present thoughts contained therein are especially appreciated as I finally feel vindicated, having myself predicted these outcomes a few years ago, as some of you know – only to be decried as an ultra-conservative fear monger.
As a species it seems, we are collectively wired for resisting the obvious – I still haven’t figured out what it is specifically that causes this dilemma, which ultimately and inevitably leads to social disintegration, revolution and then a new run at the spiral of upward societal achievement. Of course I do not pretend to understand the underlying principles of this trend – but thank heaven neither does anyone else. However, since it is also self-evident that some people are smarter than others – and they could and are consistently ferreted out from within the various professional groups which are part and parcel of and give meaning to our daily existence – why is it that we have allowed our country to be run by politicians (mostly lawyers to boot – not that I have anything personally against them, after all ‘some of my best friends’ fall into this group; ok, so the word ‘best’ may here be somewhat excessive) under the disguise of democracy and freedom ?
I invite your contributions to these thoughts – if you’re Swiss you don’t qualify as you would have an unfair advantage.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment